Cables can be tailored to meet your requirements
We currently offer several versions of serial and ethernet cables for iPhone and iPad under the Redpark brand. As part of our business activity we also customize cables for OEM branding.
The most common ways that we customize a cable include changing:
• Connector type (i.e. DB9; DB25; RJ45; RJ11; other)
• Serial interface (i.e. RS-232; RS-485; TTL; other)
• Communications protocol (i.e. NMEA; proprietary protocols)
The custom cables that we currently supply to the market include:
• A telescope interface cable
• A glucose meter interface cable
• A seismometer interface cable
• A GPS interface cable
• An electrical relay interface cable
Each new model of custom cable that we develop will need to be approved by the Made for iPod (MFI) department at Apple and will need to complete MFI certification testing. This process can be expected to take a minimum of 3-4 months.
In most cases it will be necessary to build custom cables in production runs of at least 1000 units.
Interested in having a custom cable developed for you to take to market? Please use the contact form to start a discussion.